Imagine entering an artistically decorated room. Do you feel your mind relaxing at the seamless matching of colors and items in the room? You will invariably be drawn towards the warm, cozy, and inviting sofa with plush cushions artfully arranged.
But as you step closer, you notice a coffee stain or an oil stain on the sofa seat. Doesn’t it change your mood abruptly and make you grimace? Will you not wonder why the person hasn’t taken enough care to keep the sofa clean?
At the same time, we know just how hard it is to clean the furniture in the house. We spend hours sitting, lying, and even jumping on the sofa. From food to dirt, the sofa suffers all the mess we dump on it. The longer we ignore it, the dirtier it gets and the harder it is to clean. We end up using force to get rid of the dried stains and ruin the material in the process.
Follow These Simple Tips to Take Care of Upholstery Cleaning in Murrieta
- Use the brush attachment of the vacuum or use the hand vacuum to clean dirt and debris from the furniture. If you have pets, don’t forget to clean the crevices where pet hair tends to hide. Remove the detachable cushions and vacuum the sides.
Wipe the Wood/ Metal Areas
- Apart from the foamy and feathery cushions, the hard material that holds the furniture together also has to be cleaned. Take a soft cloth, dip it in a bowl of diluted liquid soap and wipe over the legs, arms, and back of the furniture.
- Don’t forget to clean under the sofa (if it is hollow and can be easily moved). A lot of dust and even cobwebs form in the hollow of the furniture. Brush away the cobwebs and wipe the area with a dry cloth.
Remove Fresh Stains
- Don’t let the stains dry. Fresh stains are easier to remove if you know the right way. Depending on the type of material the sofa is made of, the cleaning technique will change. You can either purchase cleaning agents from the market or make one at home using natural ingredients.
Type of Upholstery
- When you buy the furniture, you will be given a list of do’s and don’ts when cleaning the upholstery. Even if you lose it, the below points will help.
- W- Means use only water to clean it.
- X- Means use only a vacuum to clean it.
- S- Means use a dry cleaning agent only.
- WS- Means use a dry cleaning agent or mild detergent.
Now, if you find the above process time-consuming and tough, you can call professionals to handle the job. Valley Estate Services has years of experience in upholstery cleaning in Temecula. The company uses non-toxic cleaning agents to clean the furniture and make it look brand new without compromising the quality of the material.